Can I change my mind?

While you are capable of making your own decisions, you can revoke the appointment of an enduring guardian. To do this you need to complete a Revocation of Appointment of Enduring Guardian form. This form will also need to be witnessed by an eligible witness. You have to advise the enduring guardian in writing that their appointment has been revoked.

You can appoint a new person as your enduring guardian, or change the functions or directions given to your enduring guardian. You will need to complete a new form of appointment to achieve any of these things.

Only the Guardianship Tribunal can make changes to the appointment if you have lost the capacity to do this for yourself.

What happens if I get married?
When does it take effect?


No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment
Already Registered? Login Here
Saturday, 21 September 2019
If you'd like to register, please fill in the username, password and name fields.
LSNSW Scheme

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation